Thursday, November 13, 2008

Response to Comments

Due to a couple of comments I received from the last post, I wanted to clear the air about some of the details.

The scenario:

My daughter and I saw the Keizer vs FC game.
In that game, Keizer played sloppy. I know they played sloppy because I have seen them play a whole lot better in the past as I have been watching them since U11. They are a good and respected team.
Bootball. This is when you kick the longball and let the forwards or mids chase it down and beat the opposing defense. Again, I have watched Keizer play since U11 and this is the style of play they use because it fits their personnel very well.
Physical. This team has always played very physical and if a team can't match up, they will run all over them, all day long.
Big. The Keizer team is one of the biggest teams we face. "Corn Fed" is not a negative term. It was a reference coined by a sports announcer describing the Nebraska Corn Huskers football team. A powerhouse in the Big 12 at that time. It was because they were big, fast and physical. If you called a 315 lb offensive lineman 'Corn Fed', he would take it as a badge of honor. It does not mean "fat" like the commenter said. It is not a negative slur.
During the game the coach was all over his team. Yelling at them. He yelled at the FC players too, and the refs. I wouldn't have noticed but I overheard some of the people in the stands talking about it so I paid attention and they were right, he was yelling a lot. Not very classy for a coach in my opinion. I do not condemn yelling, I do it myself. And, done in a positive manner, it can help to motivate and instruct.
I having been a player and coach for many years and do not believe I have a lot to learn about youth in America. Ask any of the kids I've coached in years past or any of the current or past Sodium players. They will verify that I am fare, honest, competitive and motivational. I think I possess a lot of good qualities to offer America's youth.
I do not hide behind the 'Anonymous said..' label when I post. Nor do my children do this. We stand behind our opinions, and when proven wrong by facts, admit to our mistake, learn from it and move forward.
So, Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous commenter, you can see my comments were neither rude or inaccurate. I have respect for the Keizer team, not contempt.
Also, I will never be a mouthpiece for any team but Sodium. I am dedicated to them, I stand for and beside them, and I will point out the oppositions weaknesses all day long if it will benefit Sodium in any way.
I like to keep this blog lighthearted and humorous until someone posts a comment that was as incorrect as the one you posted. Then, I feel compelled to respond up front instead of in the comment section.
Lastly, if you’re going to comment on things you know nothing about, please do it on another blog. Have a nice day.

If you want to discuss this further, I will be standing on the sidelines Saturday.

All the parents will be yelling: GO SODIUM!

No comments: