Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Thought Before QT's

As we head into the battles before us I wanted to touch on a few things. I was motivated to write this after viewing a picture on Rival.com's website of Austin Hall (Bailey & Bethany's big brother who plays for the OSU Beavers football team). He was kneeling down at practice and on the back of his pads was inscribed; Isaiah 41:15.
Not being a real religious guy I looked it up, and what I read inspired me. And I quote ; "I am going to make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp, double-edged teeth. You will thresh the mountains and crush them into dust. You will turn the hills into straw."
My interpretation of this verse and how it relates to Sodium.
What this tells me is pretty simple. If you believe, whether in a higher power, yourself or coach, then you can accomplish the impossible. You can turn mountains into dust. If you believe in yourself, your team and your coach, you can accomplish anything. I believe these statements to be true.
If you walk on the field and believe, and know, that you have given 100% at practice, that you have worked the hardest you can to improve and help your teammates improve, then you will walk off the field victorious. If we have 15 girls giving 100% for 60 minutes, I believe there isn't a team that can beat us. And you should believe it too.
Sodium, you are made up of a great group of veteran players and an outstanding group of new players. You know what it takes to win, to sacrifice, to run the tanks to empty. You know the true meaning of the word TEAM. This weekend will be the first test of your metal as a team, the outcome is in your hands. No one will ever doubt you if you give everything and fall short. If you give it your all, you will always walk off the field with your head held high.
We believe in Sodium. We believe in your ability, your spirit, your heart. And we know the sacrifices you've made and the pains you've endured. Whatever happens always know you are our champions.

You are the team. You are Sodium. If it is to be, it's up to me.

You will hear the battle cry: GO SODIUM!

[sorry if the biblical reference offended anyone]

No comments: